So Day 10 has found me a little more chipper than previous days. I never thought I could be eating this way and not be miserable. I am completely surprised about how incredible this process has been so far. Don’t get me wrong it hasn’t always been easy but so far the benefits I am seeing (clear skin, more energy, dropping pounds and inches) totally outweigh (get it? hee, hee, hee) the sacrifice! 11 more days to go!
This recipe below was part of my dinner last night and part of my lunch today. It is AMAZING! I have never roasted peppers before, but it was so easy I will be making this again!
INGREDIENTS (makes 1 serving)
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium sweet potato (or yam), peeled, cubed
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper ( I ended up using 1/2)
- 1 tsp. finely grated ginger root
- 1 1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. miso paste, mixed with 2 Tbsp. hot water
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- Bragg Liquid Aminos (or himalayan salt, to taste; optional)
- Herbal seasoning blend (to taste; optional)