I have seen this recipe posted all over the internets and have been meaning to try it. Since going grain free as of last week I needed something that could replace the gluten free tortillas I was having on occasion. These made a great sandwich today for lunch! Two clouds are the equivalent to 1/2 of a red container on the 21 Day Fix Eating Plan
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 large eggs
- 1 dash cream of tartar
- 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste)
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- Heat oven to 300° F.
- Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray. Set aside.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Place whites in a medium bowl. Place yolks in a separate medium bowl. Set aside.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites. Beat with a mixer on high until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Add salt and yogurt to egg yolks. Beat with a mixer on medium until blended.
- Gently fold ⅓ of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture. Fold in the remaining egg white mixture until just incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
- Using a spoon, transfer a scoop of egg mixture onto prepared baking sheet, gently spreading into a thick pancake shape about 3 inches in diameter (I used mason jar ring molds). Repeat with remaining batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and exterior is crispy to the touch. Immediately loosen cloud breads with a spatula; allow to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container.
Interested in more recipes, fitness tips, and encouragement? Check out our brand new fitness community HERE!