Here are some of my favorite healthy frozen treats for the Summer!
Dole Whip via Dashing Dish
- 2 cups Fresh pineapple, diced or 1 (20 oz) can diced pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) Unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp Lime juice
- 1/4 cup Sweetener of choice (or to taste)
Open cans of pineapple, and drain liquid, (if using fresh, cut up fresh pineapple into small chunks). Place chunks into a ziplock bag and freeze for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Let thaw slightly just before making. (Do this by leaving it out on the counter for about 15 minutes, or microwave for about 30 seconds. You want to just be sure it is not rock solid frozen, so it can blend easily.)
Place pineapple and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor or powerful blender, and blend until smooth and creamy. *Note: You may need to stop the blender and help it along the blending process and/or add more milk if you blender is not very powerful.
Enjoy immediately or freezer for up to 20-30 minutes before serving!
Strawberry Watermelon Popsicles Via One Lovely Life
- 3 heaping cups cubed watermelon
- 1 heaping cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until completely smooth. Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze 3-4 hours, or until very solid.
Fruity Frozen Yogurt Snacks via Cheeky Kitchen
A fresh new way to enjoy fro yo! These creamy bites come in all the colors of the rainbow. All you need are yogurt, fruit and a freezer. Easy freezy!
- 5 (5.3 ounce) containers Greek yogurt, 1 of each flavor: strawberry, coconut, lemon, lime, blueberry
- 3 tablespoons each: raspberries, diced mangos, diced pineapple, diced kiwi, blueberries
- Place 10 silicon cups on a small baking sheet. Spoon half of each yogurt carton into 10 silicone cupcake wrappers.
- Sprinkle fresh fruit on the top of each cup of yogurt to match colors – raspberries on the strawberry yogurt, pineapple on the lemon yogurt, mango on the coconut yogurt, kiwi on the lime yogurt, and blueberries on the blueberry yogurt.
- Transfer baking sheet with cups to freezer. Freeze yogurt for 3 hours, or until firm. Remove the silicon cups when ready to serve. Enjoy!
Frozen Blueberry Pineapple Greek Yogurt Bark via Clean Eats and Treats
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and stems removed
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
*You could also use flavored yogurt and omit the honey if you choose.
- Line a 9×13 cake pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Mix together yogurt, vanilla and honey.
- Add blueberries and pineapple.
- Stir until blueberries are evenly coated.
- Spread out evenly on parchment lined pan.
- Freeze overnight. Slice, serve and devour! *I sprinkled ours with a dash of coconut sugar.
Fruit Popsicles with Coconut Water via Green Attraction
The list of ingredients is more of a suggestion than an actual list of ingredients. The basic rule of this recipe is that there is no rule. You can combine any fruit or berry you would like, just make sure you peel the ones that are necessary peeling. Other than that, it is up to you. My favorites, however, are the ones listed above. Put them in the popsicle molds and pour over coconut water. Freeze. Enjoy. Summer only comes around once a year, so be sure to make the best of it.
For more fitness tips, recipes and summer tips join our fitness community HERE