- 1/2 cup whole raw almonds
- 3/4 cup whole raw cashews
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 tbsp ghee (or coconut oil)
- 1 medium apple, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 14 oz. can (1 3/4 cups) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a mason jar or bowl, add the nuts and coconut flakes. Add enough filtered water to the bowl to completely cover the nuts and coconut. Add a pinch of salt and cover the jar with a lid or kitchen towel. Allow the nuts to soak at least 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Once soaking time is completed, drain the nuts and coconut flakes in a colander; making sure to rinse them well until water runs clear.
- Add the nuts and coconut flakes to the bowl of a food processor. Then, add the banana (break the banana in pieces and add to the top of the nuts).
- Pulse the nuts and banana mixture until it forms a fine nut meal, making sure to stop and scrape down the bowl as needed for an even texture. Then, remove bowl from food processor and set aside.
- Add ghee (or coconut oil) to a saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped apple and nutmeg to the pan and sauté the apples until they begin to soften.
- Next, add the almond milk, cinnamon and raisins. Then add the banana-nut meal mixture. Stir well to thoroughly combine.
- Bring the porridge to a gentle simmer and cook for about 5-6 minutes until it’s thick and creamy. If you want a softer texture cook longer.
- Ladle the cinnamon apple porridge into bowls and add a splash of your favorite milk. Makes 4 servings.
For more recipes and tips join our Fitness Community HERE