2 baked sweet potatoes
1 lb lean ground turkey or beef
1/4 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 clove of minced garlic
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tbs cumin
1 tbs honey (or slightly more to taste)
1 14oz can of diced tomatoes
1 6oz can of tomato paste
1. Spray pan with cooking spray and sauté the onions and peppers until tender. Add
garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
2. Add meat to the same skillet and cook through.
3. Next, add spices, honey, tomatoes, and paste to the pan.
4. Simmer all together on low for 10-15 minutes.
5. Cut sweet potato in half and mash each side a bit to form bowls. Divide sloppy joe
mixture over each half.
6. Top with cheese (optional)
Adapted from Confessions of a Fit Foodie