Here are some tips from 21 Day Fix creator Autumn Calabrese on how to enjoy the fourth without sabotaging your nutrition.
1. Hydrate: drink plenty of water our bodies often mistake dehydration for hunger.
2. Skip the mixers: if your going to drink alcohol skip the sugary mixes like soda and fruit juice. Stick to soda water as a mixer. Click HERE for some healthy 4th of July Cocktail Recipes
3. Skip the chips: enjoy your favorite dips with veggies. You will consume a lot less sodium and fat.
4. Leaf the bun: yes pun intended. Use a lettuce leaf as a bun instead of bread. Here is Pioneer Woman’s Version
5. Bring the sweet treat: if you’re worries it will be all junk food at the BBQ bring something healthy that can be your go like this No-Bake Watermelon Cake
6. Get sweaty: Burn some calories. Play pool or beach volleyball or any other game that gets your heart pumping.
Most important is to enjoy this wonderful holiday with family and friends but don’t use as as an excuse to overindulge
So what are your plans for the 4th?